Polycom Releases UC Software 5.2.0 for VVX and SoundStructure (September 30, 2014)
Polycom UC Software 5.2.0 supports the following Polycom endpoints:
- VVX 300/310 business media phone
- VVX 400/410 business media phone
- VVX 500 business media phone
- VVX 600 business media phone
- VVX 1500 business media phone
- SoundStructure VoIP Interface
Polycom UC Software 5.2.0 offers support for the following VVX accessories:
- VVX Camera
- VVX Expansion module
Note: Using Polycom phones with Lync Server
- You can register only one line when Lync is set as the base profile on the phone.
- Better Together over Ethernet is disabled by default on VVX business media phones with UC software 5.1.0 or later.
- VQMon is currently unavailable for Lync deployments.
- The phone’s web interface is disabled by default when the base profile is set to Lync with added support for HTTP and HTTPS.
- Video calls are currently unavailable between Polycom phones and the Lync 2013 client.
New or Enhanced Features
- VOIP-94647 Added support for signing into Lync using a web page.
- VOIP-92769 Upgraded ICE stack for Lync.
- VOIP-92727/92899 Added support for locking background images.
- VOIP-92480 UI optimization on call input screen.
- VOIP-92343/93014 Added support to addition control over subscription expiry timer.
- VOIP-92279/90820 Added support for GENBAND Personal Address Book (PAB) and Global Address book (GAB).
- VOIP-90822 Added support for GENBAND E911.
- VOIP-90821 Added support for GENBAND MADN-SCA.
- VOIP-89193 Reduced sip.ld file size by nearly 23%.
- VOIP-78521 Added support for gatekeeper FQDN.
- VOIP-62378 Added support for a server independent intercom.