Microsoft has released a new version of their Windows 10 Technical Preview, build number 9879 which consist of several new features:
- A new option to hide the Search or Task View buttons on the taskbar.
- Updating the new minimize and restore animations for apps.
- Replacement of the 3 dots in the Window chrome for modern apps with a “hamburger-style” icon (three lines).
- Fixed all of the crash and hang issues reported
- Windowing and gesture improvements
- New ways to use OneDrive
- Internet Explorer improvements
- Native MKV support
- Continued UI refinements
Among the new features introduced, there are also some known problems published, one of them is a known issue with Lync and Screen sharing:
- There are several known issues with screen sharing with Lync
- Skype calls will disconnect and Music will stop playing if those apps are minimized
- In some cases you may get a black screen when trying to log-in or unlock. The only option is to hold the power button to hard reboot.
- You will be unable to connect to Distributed File System network locations.
- Some systems may see disk growth of 20GB+ due to driver install duplication. On systems with low disk space this can block setup and cause a rollback to the previous build.