- Polycom UC Software 5.3.0 supports the following Polycom endpoints and accessories:
- VVX 300/310 business media phones
- VVX 400/410 business media phones
- VVX 500 business media phones
- VVX 600 business media phones
- VVX 1500 business media phones (Microsoft Lync not supported)
- SoundStructure® VoIP Interface
- VVX Camera
- VVX Expansion Module
New or Enhanced Features
Polycom UC Software 5.3.0 includes the features and functionality of previous releases and includes the following new features:
- BToE with Audio Playback – Audio Playback Mode is a feature available on the Lync server that enables users to use their VVX phone to play audio from Lync calls and media on their computer. Users can answer Lync audio or video calls in the Lync client, and the audio plays on the phone. Users can also play audio from media, such as music or web videos, on the phone.
- Lync Voice Conference Calls with Centralized Conference Control Protocol (CCCP) Support – Users can initiate Lync conference calls, manage conference participants, view a detailed list of participants in the roster, enable announcements, lock a conference, and manage up to 24 conference calls. This feature also enables users to add up to 200 Lync contacts to a conference call, start a conference with a group, and invite participants to the conference.
- Lync Exchange Web Service – The Exchange Web Service (EWS) feature is a Lync Server feature that enables setup of visual voicemail, call log synchronization, Outlook® contact search, and Lync Address Book Service (ABS) adaptive search. Each of these features is enabled by default on phones registered with Lync Server. This feature also enables the administrator to retrieve an exchange server URL address automatically or manually.
- Safe Transfer for Lync Boss-Admin – Safe Transfer is an added functionality for the Lync Boss-Admin feature that enables delegates to transfer a delegation call to the boss’s line. If the transferred call is not answered on the boss’s phone, the delegate is notified that the call wasn’t answered and the call remains on the delegate’s phone instead of being sent to voicemail. The safe transfer feature is available for delegates only.
- Music on Hold – Music on Hold is a Lync Server feature that enables music to play when users place contacts on hold. However, there is a limitation for this feature where only the first call placed on hold hears the hold music; any additional held calls do not hear music.
Administrators can store music files in .wav format on the provisioning server and specify which files the phone plays when an active call is placed on hold.
Open SIP Features
- Unique Line Labels for Multiple Line Key Registrations
- USB Port Lock
- Voice Quality Reporting
- User Controlled Software Updates
- Call Forward on Shared Lines
- Private Hold on Shared Lines
- BroadWorks Enhanced Call Park
- BroadSoft UC-One Call Control Features
- Anonymous Call Rejection
- Simultaneous Ring Personal
- Line ID Delivery Blocking
- BroadWorks Anywhere
- Remote Office
- Xtended Services Platform Login Credentials