This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Skype for Business 2016 that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted document or goes to an untrusted webpage that contains embedded OpenType fonts. To learn more about the vulnerabilities, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS15-097.
- MS15-097: Description of the security update for Skype for Business 2016: September 30, 2015
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS15-097 – Critical
This security update also contains fixes for the following nonsecurity issues:
- Invalid speech signal level when you convert a stereo microphone array to monaural. This results in noise or a full echo.
- When you try to start the co-edit option from sharing, you receive the following error message: “Operating system is not presently configured to run this application.”
- No mirrors occur when you open Skype Meeting in Microsoft Outlook for some languages.
- The co-author option doesn’t work.
- All instances of “co-edit” are renamed “co-author.”