This security update contains the following improvements:
- Adds Cloud-based Discovery
- Uses SSO to autodetect SIP address and start sign in
- Attendees can’t see a shared desktop when they join an online meeting in Lync 2013
- Adds a new GPO to control proxy setting for Lync Online client
- Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) sends corporate error reporting (CER) data after every PC-to-PC and conference call
- A description of the new HttpProxyControlFlags GPO settings in the registry
- Media setup may fail and all media diagnostics information is missing in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- Response Group Service group member notification is displayed frequently in Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- “You need to install the April 14, 2015 update” error message when you start Lync 2013
- Hyperlink that’s copied from Internet Explorer can’t be pasted into Lync 2013 (Skype for Business)
- When you are in a public switched telephone network (PSTN) call, and you open a Conversation Window Extension (CWE), the call option controls are covered by the CWE without any way to access the controls without closing the CWE.
- Lync client doesn’t show all the fonts if the computer has more than 1,000 fonts.
This update version is 15.0.4779.1000.
After you apply this update, Microsoft Lync 2013 will be upgraded to Skype for Business. Get the general information about the new experience in Skype for Business.
- 32-bit: Update for Skype for Business 2015 (KB3039776) 32-Bit Edition
- 64-bit: Update for Skype for Business 2015 (KB3039776) 64-Bit Edition