Recently I’ve found myself connecting to a lot of my customers online environments and even mine by using PowerShell with the annoying habit of searching Google/Bing for the following phrases:
- Connect to Exchange online using PowerShell
- Connect to Lync online using PowerShell
- Connect to Office 365 using PowerShell
Though it’s relatively not a complicated task to do or remember, it’s still a 3-steps process that also includes providing credentials every time for every modality.
In order to solve this extremely awful situation , I’ve decided to write a script which allows the following major options:
- Being able to use an existing credential out of the credential manager instead of typing the credential every time.
- Being able to connect to all modalities at once instead of doing it one at a time by just specifying the required parameters.
- Being able to connect to Exchange online by using IE Proxy settings for companies who uses proxy servers to connect
Connect to Office 365 Only:
- .Get-MeOnline.ps1 -TenantCredentialKey -Office365Online
Connect to all modalities at once:
- Get-MeOnline.ps1 -TenantCredentialKey -Office365Online -ExchangeOnline -LyneOnline
Connect to Exchange Online:
- .Get-MeOnline.ps1 -TenantCredentialKey -ExchangeOnline
Connect to Exchange online while you have Proxy setting configured in your IE:
- .Get-MeOnline.ps1 -TenantCredentialKey -ExchangeOnlineWithProxy
Connect to Lync / Skype for Business Online:
- .Get-MeOnline.ps1 -TenantCredentialKey -LyneOnline
There are few prerequisites in order for the script to work:
- Creating a Generic Credential under the Credential Manager > Windows Credentials. The name appears in the “Internet or network address” is the name of the parameter.
- Making sure all Online modules are installed (Azure Module, Skype for Business Online connector)
The script can be download from: TechNet Gallery | OneDrive
Please provide any feedback or suggestions if you have any.
Reblogged this on Henrik Börjesson's UC-Blog and commented:
very good initiative from Gut Bachar